Mucus contains proteins that have been shown to have a protective effect on the teeth by preventing the detrimental impact of oral bacteria.
– Mucus is found in the linings of the body such as the lungs, mouth and cervix
– Recent research has suggested that synthetic mucus could be added to toothpaste and chewing gum to improve oral health
– See your dentist if you have any concerns about your dental health
“While toothpaste and mouthwash kill bacteria, mucus prevents the bacteria itself from attaching to teeth and causing holes in the enamel.”
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/picking-your-nose-and-eating-it-is-great-news-for-your-teeth_uk_59005bc9e4b081a5c0f8ddb5
Do you experience headaches and a sore jaw when you wake up? You should visit a dentist to determine if it is Bruxism, the teeth grinding disease.
– The main causes of teeth grinding are stress, anxiety and forms of a sleep disorder like apnea.
– Bruxism is symptomised by increased sensitivity, sore jaws, fractured teeth and light headaches.
– You can manage bruxism by wearing fitting night guards for your teeth.
You can also turn into alternative methods of coping with stress and regularly visit the dentist for check ups.
Read more at: http://chicago.suntimes.com/lifestyles/waking-up-with-headache-sore-jaw-you-may-be-grinding-your-teeth/
If you think that your dentist only worries about your smile and teeth, think again. Your dentist can check your oral health and give advice on maintaining good oral hygiene. This is one way to minimize the risk of Leukoplakia. Leukoplakia causes thick, white, plaque-like patches on the mouth, gums and tongue and is thought to increase the risk of oral cancer.
Often white patches are a result of injuries that the body is healing but if the patches persist you should have them checked.
– Consult a GP if sores last longer than two weeks, become red or irregular
– Reduce the risk of mouth irritation by stopping smoking and reducing alcohol
– Maintain good oral hygiene and follow a healthy diet
Self-examination is also advised and another way to keep your oral health in great shape.
“A doctor will usually diagnose leukoplakia by ruling out all other potential causes.”
Full article here: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317689.php
Smiling does help you get ahead in life. If you are insecure with how your smile may seem to others because you are embarrassed with how your teeth look, just come and visit the smile dental London makeover specialists at Smiles by Hillside in Mill Hill. Whether what you want are just a few minor changes to the front of your teeth or a complete full-mouth smile transformation, Smiles by Hillside can promise you comfortable, long lasting and affordable dental solutions that is guaranteed to bring out your best smile ever.